As the Product Manager you will be an expert of NovaSource pesticide products from marketing, sales and agronomic standpoint. You will have a diverse background in the crop protection/pesticides market space, with in-depth knowledge of its customers, competitive landscape, and agronomic/economic benefits of pesticides.
As the Product Manager you will promote sales through marketing excellence and help to identify new uses of existing and future products to address grower needs.
The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years crop protection/pesticides experience in marketing, sales and agronomy and be a strategic, innovative leader towards further business development.
As the Crop Protection Product Manager you will be part of a highly entrepreneurial environment where you can contribute in meaningful ways, while making a positive impact on the world in which we live.
What you will do:
Product Management -
- Understand in-depth, the market space where the products are sold and used including customer reasons for using the product, the strengths and weaknesses of the product, understanding competitors (both in-kind and not in-kind), and market trends impacting the product, positively or negatively.
- Responsible for developing a global product strategy for the portfolio under management in line with Business Unit (BU) 5-year plan. Create and implement tactics to carry out the strategy and communicate same throughout the organization to ensure all departmental objects are in sync.
- Direct responsibility for project management of major projects inside the GPM’s portfolio.
- Responsible for managing the key brands within the portfolio including understanding brand positioning and trademark registrations. Oversee new trademark establishment and existing trademark maintenance and provide business support in any trademark disputes.
- Working closely with BU regulatory personnel, understand the registration requirements, limitations and opportunities of each product in the major markets where the product is sold.
- Working closely with BU supply chain personnel, understand the supply chain platform for each product in the portfolio including understanding the influences on the product’s cost, production timing and availability, supplier considerations and any other factors impacting the product’s production.
- Organize and archive key product management information. Report key product management and project progress status, regularly.
Product Development and Acquisitions –
- In conjunction with Director of Development and other BU team members, identify opportunities for product innovation, product enhancements, and geographic expansion of existing products within the portfolio.
- In conjunction with Director of Development play lead business role in collaborating and negotiating with 3rd party entities with new product opportunities falling within the GPM’s portfolio. Prepare and lead financial evaluation of these 3rd party projects for GO/NO GO management decisions. Negotiate and finalize licensing/marketing contracts. Continue management of projects.
- In conjunction with Director of Marketing & Business Development (DMBD), play a key role in analyzing acquisition opportunities which fall inside the portfolio categories under management by the GPM. Assist DMBD with preparing financial analysis. Play lead role in integrating acquired products in to the BU.
- Assist team members with minor projects which fall inside the portfolio under management.
Marketing Support -
- Provide product support to NovaSource sales/marketing including assisting with market analysis, opportunity enhancement, and price positioning to maximize product profitability.
- As requested by marketing and sales team members, assist with the development of sales tools and customer training materials. Conduct or provide support for webinars and other major product presentations as the company’s global “Brand Ambassador”.
- Supply sales/marketing with latest research and marketing information, provide guidance toward the implementation of marketing plans.
- Play a more hands on, active role with marketing support where no marketing manager exists such as in the BU’s international business.
What we need you to know:
- Bachelor of Science degree in horticulture, agronomy, or other life sciences is essential.
- At least 10 years of experience in crop protection possessing, a solid technical, regulatory and sales/marketing understanding of the business.
- Self-motivated manager with strong entrepreneurial instincts.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and implement actions to capitalize on same.
- A solid working capability conducting financial analysis using MS Excel, and in creating management reports using MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to implement short term tactics with attention to detail while analyzing and leading longer term strategic vision for the products under management.
- Experience in contract negotiation.
- Convincing written and oral communication skills. Ability to present to large groups.
- Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial but not required
- 35% to 40% travel will be expected at times
Why join TKI:
- Work/life balance
- Fun and rewarding environment
- Learning, development and team work
- Community involvement/outreach
- Challenging and meaningful work
Benefits & Rewards:
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Prescription (low employee premiums!)
- 401k Plan with dollar for dollar matching, up to the first 5% of employee contribution
- 401k Company Retirement Contribution at year-end, equal up to 4% of annual base salary
- Short-Term Incentive awards based on measured performance criteria
- Life Insurance – 2x Annual Base Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time & 10 paid holidays per year
- Tuition Reimbursement- up to $5,000 per calendar year- Non Taxable
- Adoption Assistance-up to $7,500 in reimbursement assistance
- Maternal and Parental paid leave
- Business Travel Life & Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Telemedicine program - for you and your dependents
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Company referral program