- Protects fruit from yield reducing sunburn damage
- Lowers canopy temperatures increasing photosynthesis when temperatures are high
- A labeled insecticide in certain countries, SURROUND suppresses insects
- Improves overall plant health under hotter growing condition
SURROUND protects plants in three ways promoting higher yields and the harvest of more marketable fruits and vegetables. First, the calcined kaolin particle film of SURROUND protects fruit against direct sunburn and heat stress damage. SURROUND can reduce sunburn losses by up to 50%. Second, SURROUND keeps plant canopies cooler, which leads to more efficient photosynthesis and higher yields in high light and heat environments. Lastly, carefully timed treatments of SURROUND reduce the activity of certain insect pests, delaying or even eliminating the need to apply conventional insecticides. Certain insects that vector harmful diseases such as the Asian Citrus Psyllid that carries Citrus Greening (Huanglongbing or HLB) are inhibited from feeding (and spreading HLB) by the presence of SURROUND on leaf surfaces.
No other sunscreen product provides this labeled and proven insect suppression capability.
For organic growers, the insect suppression properties of SURROUND provide an especially valuable tool in managing insect populations. Surround is certified for use in organic production systems in the USA and in Europe.
Surround is OMRI and WSDA-listed for organic pesticide use.
Tree Fruits and Vines
- Apples - Field Trial Results Zillah, WA
- Apples - Field Trial Results Wenatchee, WA
- Apple Sunburn
- Asian Citrus Psyllid – California
- Asian Citrus Psyllid – Florida
- Banana Plant Health
- Cherry Plant Health
- Citrus Research Report
- Citrus Plant Health
- Grape Plant Health
- Olive Insect Control
- Olive Plant Health
- Pineapple Research Report
- Pineapple Plant Health
Crop Protectant Camouflages Trees from Asian Citrus Psyllid
Kurt Volker, former Director of Development for Tessenderlo Kerley, NovaSource and citrus grower John Barber give a report on the management of Asian Citrus Psyllids regarding the crop protectant Surround. Listen to the interview now.