Soil Fumigant Stewardship
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) instituted new requirements for soil fumigation products including metam sodium and metam potassium in recent years.
The goal of the new regulations is to protect workers and bystanders while maintaining the benefits of the products for agricultural production. See the Sectagon-42® and Sectagon-K54® labels which reflect all of these changes.
NovaSource is committed to providing the latest information regarding these fumigation regulations. For more information visit the links listed on the right side of this page or contact us.
Links To Tools and Support
- Safety Information for Handlers of Pesticide Soil Fumigants (EPA)
- Soil Fumigant Tool Box includes Fumigant Management Plan, Buffer Zones & Tarps, Training Materials, etc. (EPA)
- EPA Certified Soil Fumigant Applicator Training Center (Achieva)
- National Soil Fumigation Manual (NASDARF)
- Soil Fumigant Buffer Zone Calculator (EPA)