Stay Ahead of Your Broadleaf and Grass Weed Control
Stay Ahead of Your Broadleaf and Grass Weed Control with Solicam® DF
Solicam® DF pre-emergence herbicide provides long-lasting, grass and broadleaf weed control in tree fruits, nuts and vines (TNV). When applied prior to seed germination, SOLICAM DF enables growers to get ahead of their weed control.
SOLICAM DF must be moved into the weed seed germination zone to be effective. If no rainfall occurs within 4 weeks after application, the product must be incorporated by flood or sprinkler irrigation. SOLICAM DF has no postemergence activity and will not control established weeds. Existing weeds must be mechanically removed or controlled by using a suitable postemergence herbicide.
- Provides pre-emergence control of some of the toughest broadleaf weeds and grasses in TNV crops.
- Provides suppression of very difficult weeds including Nutsedge, bermudagrass and Johnsongrass.
- Group 12 herbicide with a unique mode of action inhibiting carotenoid biosynthesis. Results include bleached, white and dying weeds that are noncompetitive with the crop.
- SOLICAM DF is a good resistance management tool.
- Longer residual effects minimize the need for burn down sprays, optimizing ROI for the grower.
- Reliable performance in all weather conditions.
- Excellent compatibility with a majority of tank mix partners, especially with newer chemistries that may have trouble controlling specific grass species
- Treat prior to weed germination.
- The soil should be settled, firm and relatively free of weeds and debris at the time of application.
- Multiple or sequential applications can be made, but the total quantity of SOLICAM DF applied within a year must not exceed the maximum recommended rates on the label. (See table below or in the specimen label.)
- Application rate is dependent on soil texture. (See table below or in the specimen label.)
- Do not exceed maximum recommended rate.
- Tank mix with paraquat, glufosinate or glyphosate to enhance the control of emerged weeds and grasses.
- Pre-Harvest Interval (PHI) = 30 days
- Restricted Entry Interval (REI) = 12 hours
Use Restrictions and Precautions
- SOLICAM DF should be applied prior to weed seed germination and when rainfall or irrigation is likely to occur within 4 weeks of treatment.
- SOLICAM DF will not control emerged weeds.
- SOLICAM DF has a 30-day PHI on citrus and a 60-day PHI on TNV crops.
- Do not apply SOLICAM DF through any type of irrigation system/chemigation except for citrus.
- Loss of pigment (whitening) in leaf veins may occur on almonds, cherries or grapes grown in coarse-textured soils when SOLICAM DF is applied within three months after bud break.
- Do not apply to erodible soil which may wash into the root zone of sensitive plants and do not apply in greenhouses, as crop injury may occur.
- Do not apply in areas with poor drainage.
- There are a variety of regional restrictions and precautions regarding the use of SOLICAM DF. Please consult the label or your local ag commissioner (in California) for specific instructions in your area.
|Maximum SOLICAM DF Rates (Pounds of Product per Treated Acre per Year) by Soil Texture|
|Crop||Coarse||Medium||Fine||Months after Planting to First Allowed Application (West/East of the Mississippi River)|
|Sand, Loamy Sand||Sandy Loam||Loam, Silt Loam, Silt, Sandy Clay Loam||Sandy Clay, Clay Loam, Silty Clay Loam, Silty Clay, Clay|
|Citrus||2.5 – 5.0||2.5 – 5.0||3.75 – 5.0||5.0||0/0|
|Irrigated Citrus (FL and TX only||2.5 – 10.0||2.5 – 10.0||3.75 – 10.0||5.0 – 10.0||0/0|
|Apples||2.5 – 5.0||2.5 – 5.0||5.0||5.0||0/0|
|Hops / Blueberries||2.5||2.5||3.75||5.0||0.6*|
|Asparagus||2.5||3.75||3.75 – 5.0||3.75 – 5.0||12/12|
|Nectarines, Peaches, Pecans||2.5||2.5||3.75||5.0||18/6|
|Apricots, Blackberries, Pears, Plums, Prunes, Raspberries||2.5||2.5||3.75||5.0||18/12|
|Walnuts||2.5||2.5 – 3.25||3.75 – 5.0||5.0||18/12|
|*See footnote 11 following Table 1 in the specimen label.|